1.Its been busy and pretty crazy the last few weeks (and yes, I've been on FB more)
2.I was lucky so far not to get too sick as most of my friends and family
3. While watching the opening of the Olympics I had a huge sneezing fit, then an immediate sore throat, and clogged sinuses. .
4. So I ramped up the Lysine, Zinc, and took Airborne (that gives one lots of gas!) and it was mostly gone within 4 days. However I was a little run down and tired after that week, and this is the first I've been feeling pretty up .
5. I've had a few birthdays to contend with socially, and work has been getting getting busier , but I've basically been staying home a lot.
6. Not many happy hour nights on Friday and actually a couple of us have decided to cut back on drinking for a while. So except for Superbowl Sunday, and the Bare Chest Calendar event last Thursday, I had two glasses of wine, 3 beers, and I had a jello shot last Saturday at a bear weekend event. All this in 4 weeks. And I did have 2 Shirley Temples, in honor of her (talk about calories! But yum!!
7. The non alcoholic beer tastes awful! But oh well. I still am tired in the morning, but a different tired.I actually feel pretty good but I think much of my tiredness is for my cold. I don't really feel an increase of energy but I do feel little bit more alert in the morning.
8. Two Fridays ago, I got a call from my late partners brother to tell me that their mother had passed away that Wednesday. She had not been well for about 4 years. We sort of lost contact is well.
9. I went to the funeral at the chapel however due the permits and the backup of the crematorium her ashes were not at the wake. She will be buried right next to my lab partner in a couple weeks. I was stressing about that, about going to the cemetery, and seeing her next to my partner. Old hurtful memories get stirred up.
10. I had flowers that I cut from, my patio to put on his, and my parents grave, not knowing that we would not go there. So after the service, I went anyway to place them at their grave sites
11. Speaking of stress. I decided to run for the Bare Chest Calendar Semi-Finals. Someone suggested I do. Oy! I hate being on stage. Most important thing is to sell, sell lots of raffle tix that night. Need over $300 sold to earn points that are added to the existing points that I earned (points earned by such things as calling my coach by a certain time (4 points), filling out a sheet of questions (4 points), etc. The whole thing is not looking hot on a calendar, but all year raising funds! And traveling and going to events all year!
12. This a big fundraising group. The money raised goes to the AEF/PRC. The 2014 calendar men raised over $166,000!
So this will be interesting. I am setting up an EVITE thing to go to friends to show up that night, or at least send money for my friends to buy raffle tix for them. I'll post my EVITE in a bit
13. Well off to work! Happy Hump Day!!!