Losing one more is one too many. Fight to find a Cure
1. I have a lot to say, but I can't at the moment. It still sometimes hurts too much. The friends, the lovers, that are now have gone, because of AIDS.
2. The only thing I do know, is that I turned that hurt into a good thing; a productive thing in helping others, and doing the best thing I can do in ridding this disease.
3. I think many of us have become a too smug over the past few yrs. With new meds (thank God we have them), it has veiled "that look"; the physical horrors of the disease, that used to remind so much that the disease was here. The young, don't know. They never experienced it. They never lost scores of friends in one year. They never saw the men (and women), walking down the streets, covered with KS, and other ailments; the thin, gaunt, and frail.
4. I am contemplating now, of the brave, men, woman, and children, who bravely lived though this disease, and the discrimination that went with it.
5. And my heart go to all living with this disease. Things certainly have changed in the past 20 yrs, with new treatments and all, but we must not forget to fight for a cure, and against discrimination(within and outside the gay community) that still exists.
Some sites were you can help:
It had all happend so fast then. Many of us never had a chance to say Goodbye.